Mainstream Music & It’s Message (Love the Way You Lie Part 2)

A Sequel
To say that, “Even angels have their wicked schemes,” is downright ludicrous! Angels do not and will never have wicked schemes. To ever suggest that they would is pretty insane. This is another justification that justifies evil intent to the extremes. It is like saying, “Even demons have their good or morally right schemes.” Make sense? Well it shouldn’t. Demons will never have good intentions they are 100% evil through and through. Just like angels are good through and through. “’Cause you feed me fables from your head with violent words and empty threats…[And it’s sick that all these battles are what keeps me satisfied.]” Fables are: a story not founded in fact. Great, just great MORE lies of course. Mmm violent words and empty threats, sounds good to me! What I wouldn’t give to walk on eggshells and be constantly threatened. Sounds like love to me…not. Satisfaction due to all the chaos, battles and fighting? This is most definitely a learned ‘fetish’. We learn what turns us on sexually. This is not healthy. To thrive on fighting is absolutely not the formula for a satisfied friendship or relationship. I also find it ironic in both pictures that Eminem is wearing a cross. Then Rihanna in the other picture is also wearing a cross. These are just symbols to them, they mean nothing. Look in the background it just looks like hell. Period.
More lyrics
This song has all the signs, big shocker.
Rihanna states that, “Maybe I’m a masochist I try to run but I don’t ever want to leave ‘till the walls are going up in smoke with all our memories.” There is the normal urge to run overshadowed by what she has conditioned herself to be attracted to followed by a statement that she is never going to leave because they are going to set fire to the house and kill each other. Because if Eminem can’t have her nobody will. This does not sound like a good idea nor is it a good way to trot along in your relationships. Why? This speaks of a dependence so strong that separation is perceived as death to that person being left behind. Being so attached to someone like this is never healthy. A masochist is: a person who is gratified by pain, degradation that is self-imposed or imposed by others. Yup, you guessed it! A classic 50 Shades of Grey relationship. Eminem states, “Baby, without you, I’m nothing, I’m so lost, hug me then tell me how ugly I am but that you’ll always love me.” This just reinforces how there is an unhealthy imbalance in attachment in this relationship. It also normalizes verbal abuse and name calling which is never okay.
Domestic Violence

“You hit me twice, yeah, but who’s counting? I may have hit you three times, I’m starting to lose count [our love is crazy we’re nuts, but I [refuse] counselling]” What so just because no one is counting makes it completely appropriate to hit someone? So it is okay for domestic violence to happen? Absolutely not. This is what the song is saying though. “Cause with you I’m [in my mind], without you, I’m out it.” So what we have here, again, is another unhealthy attachment. What the message is saying is that, “You keep me sane and when you leave I lose my mind.”  Is that independence, freewill or the ability to be yourself with & without the person? Nope.

Comments

Popular Posts